All Samsung galaxy series of mobile phones use the open source of Android operating system. Skype for Samsung galaxy can be downloaded in two ways: using Android market from Samsung galaxy phone or from Skype website.
Follow instructions below to download Skype from Skype website:
- Go to Skype website.
- Click on get Skype tab and then from drop down menu choose Android.
- Click on the download button.
- Another window will appear on the screen, headed as android market, as shown below.
- Click on install button. Another mini window will appear on the screen.
- Sign in to download, or alternatively you could have signed in before, at the first step, when you opened the Skype website.
- Click ok. It will automatically download Skype on your Samsung galaxy, once you have synchronized your Samsung galaxy to your PC.
- Using Skype on PC and Samsung galaxy are very similar, with only some features which may not be available in some phones of Samsung galaxy series, like video conferencing- you cannot have video conferencing on most of the Samsung galaxy series phone, whereas it is available in Samsung galaxy tab.
FROM SAMSUNG GALAXY: (S2 here)
- Get access to the internet via Wi-Fi or any other source.
- Once you are connected to internet, from menu go to Android.
- Android market will appear on the screen.
- On search bar, write Skype. And click enter.
- Several results will appear on the screen. Choose Skype from it.
- Click on the download button to download Skype. After downloading click on the install button and it will get installed on your phone – will then appear as an icon in menu.
- Start Skype on your phone. Log in.
- By clicking on the check mark you can change your online status.
- On the main screen, clicking on the left side button will enable you to sign out, change settings.
- Clicking on contacts on the main screen you can see your contacts. Click on the left side button, will open your options tab on the screen. You can add contact, save number, search address book by using this.
- Clicking on the contact will display that contact. By touching on the left hand side button of the phone you can open options. This will enable you to rename, remove and block contact.
- By clicking on IM you can chat with the contact.
- By clicking on the smiley icon will let you add smiley to your chat.
- By clicking on the settings from main screen you can change your settings.
- Here you can change your Skype’s general settings, whether to sign in automatically or not. And other setting as well.
- By clicking on the help from the main menu will enable you to see FAQs. You can look for the problems you are facing in FAQs.
If you have a problem with Skype on the Samsung Galaxy you can browse Skype troubleshooting categorie, or contact technical support.